January 10, 2011

Forget-Me-Nots: Please Remove Your Elbow From My Ear

This is a feature on my blog for highlighting books I enjoyed in childhood and the teenage years that I don't see getting much attention nowadays.

This week's pick: Please Remove Your Elbow From My Ear by Martyn Godfrey



Goodreads' description: "Stormy Sprague and the other kids in detention form a floor hockey team and have the nerve to compete against the unbeatable Screaming Eagles, who do not take Stormy's team seriously."
 
This one's a short but hilarious middle-grade read about a boy, Stormy, who teams up with a bunch of other "misfits" in the school to take on a floor hockey team of bullies. There are plenty of laugh-out-loud moments, and it's a feel-good story of geeks triumphing over the "cool" kids.

Probably pretty obscure, so I doubt a lot of people have read it, but I used to pull this one out whenever I needed a book that was guaranteed to make me laugh!
 
Plus, the title? Awesome.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one, but it's a totally great title! I love that you have this feature too! I try posting a childhood favorite every Monday, and it's been pretty excellent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good book hehe :) Anyway I awarded you with Stylish Blogger :) Check out my post here
    http://steph-shortnsweet.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! That looks like a book I would've loved when I was a kid, maybe similar to something Louid Sachar would've written. Also, you've won the Stylish Blogger and Versatile Blogger award! Here's the post: http://beasbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award-and-versatile.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with you that the title is awesome, I would read it just for that. And the cover would make me pick it up just to see why this poor kid is being attacked with hockey sticks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jenny: LOL, love that description of it! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails