February 18, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (27)

 
Yes, that's right...time again for the Book Blogger Hop! This awesome meme is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-For-Books and this week's question is, "What book(s) would you like to see turned into a movie?"

Great question! I've always thought some of Tamora Pierce's books (especially the Alanna series) would be fun to watch as movies, but they'd have to be very careful of how they handled the fantasy aspect. I wouldn't want to watch anything that looked too fake or cheesy in that respect. Another that comes to mind is Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith — it has a wonderful blend of adventure, court intrigue, magic and romance that I think could transfer to the screen quite well.

Recent posts on the blog:


Waiting on Wednesday: The Girl Behind the Glass and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 
Find the Gap: Breaking Stereotypes
In My Mailbox (17)

Also, a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has filled out my Is Personality Related to Genre? survey. I have surpassed 100 responses (yay!!) and have now been going through the results. So keep your eyes peeled for a couple of posts related to that in the near future!


5 comments:

  1. Found you on the blog hop. (new follower)
    http://www.aflashlightreader.blogspot.com

    I didn't even think about the Tamora Pierce Alanna series. Now that you've mentioned it, I would love to see those books as movies. I can't keep copies of those books on my classroom bookshelves.

    Just saw that you have The Goose Girl as one of your favorites. That's a favorite of mine also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through! I'm now following you!

    I haven't read any of the books you mentioned, but they sound really interesting!

    Your survey idea sounds interesting, too - I think I'll fill that out now!

    Check out my Blog Hop post at http://paperbacktreasures.blogspot.com/2011/02/book-blogger-hop-2.html

    Hannah (Paperback Treasures)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DId you ever check out Tempting Persephone's Pursuing the Lioness Challenge? Lots of fun with Tamora Pierce. I'm pretty eager to pick up her brand new short stories from Tortall book.
    TheDiaryofaBookworm.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just going to ask you how your survey is going. I can't wait to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always worried that when a book is made into a movie, it won't be done right. But, I do love seeing my favorite characters and stories brought to life.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails