May 24, 2011

Armchair BEA: Best of 2011 (and those still to come)

Today's topic for Armchair BEA is the books we've most enjoyed so far this year, and those we're looking forward to.

So, my list of best books I've read so far this year (I haven't read a lot of 2011 releases yet so many of these were published previous to 2011):


 1.) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (my review)


2.) Mistwood by Leah Cypess (my review)


3.) Divergent by Veronica Roth (my review)

4.) Enclave by Ann Aguirre (my review)

5.) Jasmyn by Alex Bell (my review)

6.) The Host by Stephenie Meyer

7.) Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

And the 2011 releases I'm looking forward to the most:

1.) The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
2.) Supernaturally by Kiersten White
3.) The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
4.) Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
5.) Crossed by Ally Condie
6.) A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
7.) Nightspell by Leah Cypess

What books have you enjoyed/are looking forward to this year?

9 comments:

  1. Anna and the French Kiss and Divergent are two of my favourites too! I can't wait to read more from both Authors!

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! ANNA and Divergent are definitely in my favourites! And I can't wait to get my hot little hands on Crossed, Supernaturally and especially Lola and the Boy Next Door! I've already called dibs on Cricket <3 LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another person recommending Divergent!! Must... buy... soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! i like your choice of books =] i'm a new GFC follower! we have some similar books, i LOVED enclave so much!

    mine are mostly dystopians! check out my list!

    follow me back?! =]

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/armchair-bea-best-of-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read A Need So Beautiful and Lola! Enclave sounds great too. Divergent is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Host was pretty good. I loved the set up but thought it ran long in the middle.

    In 2009 I decided to step away reviewing for publishers and publicists. I felt like I was losing my focus and drifting from my mission statement of sharing the joys of reading. Call it taking a librarian's approach to blogging. Come see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna and the French Kiss made it to my list of 2010 favorites! I enjoyed reading Mistwood as well. I have Unearthly on my wishlist even though I'm not a paranormal YA fan, I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I've read a few of these and have a few that I need to read yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Alex Bell's - will be adding that one to my wishlist - but I've read and loved all the others, and I'm looking forward to all the 2011 releases you've got on your wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails