May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Score and Virtuosity

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and features books that we just can't wait to get our hands on!

This week's picks:


Score by Miranda Kenneally



Goodreads' description:


"What girl doesn’t want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn’t just surrounded by hot guys, though—she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that’s just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there’s a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team…and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate."


Normally I'm not one for sports books, but this one looks like it tackles some great gender role issues. And the romance sounds cute! Love the purple helmet in the cover :D

Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez

Goodreads' description:


"Now is not the time for Carmen to fall in love. And Jeremy is hands-down the wrong guy for her to fall for. He is infuriating, arrogant, and the only person who can stand in the way of Carmen getting the one thing she wants most: to win the prestigious Guarneri competition. Carmen's whole life is violin, and until she met Jeremy, her whole focus was winning. But what if Jeremy isn't just hot...what if Jeremy is better


Carmen knows that kissing Jeremy can't end well, but she just can't stay away. Nobody else understands her--and riles her up--like he does. Still, she can't trust him with her biggest secret: She is so desperate to win she takes anti-anxiety drugs to perform, and what started as an easy fix has become a hungry addiction. Carmen is sick of not feeling anything on stage and even more sick of always doing what she’s told, doing what's expected.

Sometimes, being on top just means you have a long way to fall...."

I really like the incorporation of addiction into this storyline...it adds something more to the "romance but competition" set-up. I'm thinking this one will be a tense read!

What books are you waiting on?



8 comments:

  1. Score kinds of reminds me of Liz Tigelaar's Playing With The Boys but it should be an interesting read. I really do like the cover for Virtuosity! It's so eye-catching! (And the plot summer sounds great too!) Nice WoW picks Danya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score sounds like it could be really interesting. A girl on a football team...huh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Virtuosity' is already on GalleyGrab so I read it a couple of weeks ago.. it's SO GOOD. Really, I definitely loved it.

    Wow 'Score' sounds good, I hadn't heard of it before. I think I shall add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks. Both of these are on my wishlist!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picks! Score sounds like a fun compteporary read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Score" sounds a lot like "Dairy Queen" by Catherine Murdock, which I loved. I'll be on the lookout for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these books sounds Really great! I'm looking forward to reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh great picks! I particularly love the cover of Virtuosity, gorgeous. And the story sounds great aswell. Score has been on my to-read list for a while - not really a sports book fan either, but this has my intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails