October 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Last Princess and The Traitor in the Tunnel

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and features books that we just can't wait to get our hands on!

The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze


Goodreads' description:

"Happily ever after is a thing of the past.

The year is 2090.

England is a barren land. Food is rationed. Oil has decimated the oceans. The people are restless.

A ruthless revolutionary enacts a plan to destroy the royal family, and in a moment, the king is dead. His heiress, Princess Mary, and her brother, Jamie, have been abducted, and no one knows their fate. Princess Eliza Windsor barely escapes, and finds herself scared and lost in London's dangerous streets.

With a mind for revenge and the safe recovery of her siblings, Eliza joins the enemy forces in disguise. There she is tempted by her first taste of independence -- and true love. Ultimately she must summon her courage and fight to ensure that she does not become... The Last Princess.
"

The premise of this one really interests me...a futuristic one that somehow manages to sound rather historical! I love the idea of a princess fighting for survival in 2090.

And now for some actual historical fiction...


The Traitor in the Tunnel by Y.S. Lee


"Queen Victoria has a little problem: there’s a petty thief at work in Buckingham Palace. Mary Quinn takes the simple case, going undercover as a domestic servant. But before long, a scandal threatens to tear apart the Royal Family.

One of the Prince of Wales’s irresponsible young friends is killed in disgraceful circumstances. Should the Queen hush things up or allow justice to take its course? Mary’s interest in this private matter soon becomes deeply personal: the killer, a drug-addicted Chinese sailor, shares a name with her long-lost father.

Meanwhile, James Easton’s engineering firm is repairing the sewers beneath Buckingham Palace. Trouble is, there’s a tunnel that’s not on the plans. Its purpose is unclear. But it seems to be very much in use.

These overlapping puzzles offer a perfect opportunity for Mary and James to work together again… if they can still trust one another. This is Mary’s most personal case yet and she has everything to lose."


Ahhhh, can't wait for this one! I am in need of another Mary-and-James-on-an-adventure fix...but it'll be a little while till I get it, since this one doesn't release in the US until Feb 2012.

What books are you waiting for?

7 comments:

  1. I still have to pick up the Agency series! I've heard so many great things about it. The Victorian period is my absolute favorite and I can't resist a mystery with dash of romantic tension either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited for the Traitor in the Tunnel as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both new to me. They sounds neat though!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO torn about The Last Princess. On one hand it's all futuristic and that can be hit or miss with me. But, on the other hand, Princess! So, yeah, I think I'll try it :) I really need to read the Agency series. It's been on my list for so long and looks like something I'll love, especially since you like them.

    Thank you so, so much for putting our button on your sidebar! You're so awesome. I hope you enjoy our event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, THE LAST PRINCESS sounds good!! Adding this to GR now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both these covers are great! I have the UK edition of Traitor in the Tunnel, but I like the US cover more, I think. And The Last Princess looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails