January 1, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Hoping to Read in 2013

 
It has been far too long since I last participated in Top Ten Tuesday! But it's the start of a new year, so what better time to get back into the swing of things? This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and this week's topic is "Books I Resolve to Read in 2013", although in my case this is just a list of the books I'm hoping to get to (I never make any official New Year's resolutions, since I am pretty much bound not to keep them!).

Some of these are books that have been sitting on my shelf for a while now, some are for review, and others are books that are due to be released this year.


1.) Bloodlines by Richelle Mead – I got a few chapters into this one, then took a break and haven't gotten back to it. I need to pick it up again! It seemed to be moving rather slowly at the beginning, but hopefully the pace gets a little more lively once things get going?


2.) Legend by Marie Lu – I know a bunch of bloggers really enjoyed this one, and I got it for Christmas back in 2011...so it needs to get read, pronto!


3.) Reached by Ally Condie – I had some issues with Crossed, but I'm still looking forward to seeing how this one wraps the series up.

4.) Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers – Grave Mercy was a gripping read. Fingers crossed that Dark Triumph is as well!

5.) The as-yet-unnamed final book in the Divergent series by Veronica Roth – I'm sure this one is on a lot of other bloggers' lists, and I expect it'll be as heart-pounding and action-packed as the previous two!


6.) The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton – because the intricacy of the storytelling in The Forgotten Garden was quite impressive, and I'm interested to see what her latest book's like. 


7.) Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh – I enjoyed Nevermore, and need to get to this one soon! Should probably re-read Nevermore first though, because it's been a while...


8.) Parallel by Lauren Miller – the premise of this one sounds very cool (it fits into one of my gaps) and plus, it's New Adult!

9.) The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse – I think this one's gotten some mixed reviews, but from the description it sounds like a good read for when I'm in a Hunger Games-esque kind of reading mood.


10.) Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John – because I needed at least one straight-up contemporary on this list, right? And this one has garnered a lot of positive reviews and is sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read. 

There are many more, of course, but this blog post would be massive if I listed them all!

What books are you resolved, or at least hoping, to read this year? You can link up your posts on The Broke and The Bookish blog here!

4 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to Parallel...and Five Flavors of Dumb looks like it'll be a really fun read!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower!

    Bree
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Legend so I hope you get to it soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read Grave Mercy - I'm sure I'll love it! You look like you have a year of great reading ahead if you read these books Danya!

    Happy reading :)
    My Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legend was great. It took me awhile to get into it but once I did, it was so much fun to read.

    So excited for Parallel!

    I must start reading Richelle Mead & Ally Condie this year.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails