June 23, 2014

Get It... or Forget It? (1)

This is a new feature I'm starting up, because as book bloggers we all know that there are too many books to read, and not enough time. I need to know which books are must-reads and which ones I can just plain ignore.

For which I turn to you, my readers! I'll pick a book each week that I'm wondering about, and you can tell me if I should GET IT...or just FORGET IT.

First up: The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon


This one's gotten a lot of hype, and I do like the cover, but it seems to be garnering very mixed reactions. Some people love it, others were less than impressed. So... please vote and let me know what you think!

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

If you think I should get it, let me know: buy from the bookstore or just order from the library? And if I should forget it...why?

1 comment:

  1. Okay so, I didn't have a great experience with this one, but part of me wonders if it's more the time and mode in which I read it. It's a very complicated read with a glossary at the end because the world building is so complex. I think if I had been in more of an ambitious mood, I would have taken to it better. And also, I couldn't make use of the glossary because I read it as an egalley and didn't know it was there until the end so I had a bit of a hard time following the concept. I would say get it from the library if you're in the mood for something a bit challenging.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails