December 5, 2014

All I Want for Christmas... (6)

Every year my mom asks me to send her my book wishlist for Christmas, since it just isn't Christmas without books. In the hopes of getting some content onto this blog more regularly, I'll be posting my book wishlist picks on here.

If anyone would like to join in with picks from their own wishlist, please feel free to add your link in the comments :) And if you've read any of the books on my list, let me know what you thought of them (good, bad, or otherwise!)


This week's pick:

The Shadow Year by Hannah Richell

18480926From Goodreads:

"On a sultry summer’s day in 1980, five friends stumble upon an abandoned lakeside cottage hidden deep in the English countryside. For Kat and her friends, it offers an escape; a chance to drop out for a while, with lazy summer days by the lake and intimate winter evenings around the fire. But as the seasons change, tensions begin to rise and when an unexpected visitor appears at their door, nothing will be the same again.

Three decades later, Lila arrives at the same remote cottage. With her marriage in crisis, she finds solace in renovating the tumbledown house. Little by little she wonders about the previous inhabitants. How did they manage in such isolation? Why did they leave in such a hurry, with their belongings still strewn about? Most disturbing of all, why can't she shake the feeling that someone might be watching her?

The Shadow Year is a story of secrets, tragedy, lies and betrayal. It’s a tale that explores the light and dark of human relationships and the potential the past has to not only touch our present, but also to alter our future.
"
YA is still my comfort zone, but I've been branching out a bit more in the last year into adult fiction, and this is one of a few adult books that made it onto my wishlist. It just sounds mysterious and intriguing and a little creepy... Also, it sounds like it might be written in interweaving timelines (past and present), which can be a neat format if done well.

Has anyone else read this one, and if so what did you think? And what books are you hoping Santa brings you this year?

1 comment:

  1. I love the book tree! I have to make one next year (I don't think I will have time to get it together this year). Beautiful! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails