December 1, 2015

#GivingTuesday: Global Literacy

It's #GivingTuesday today, where lots of worthy causes and charities are being highlighted!

Grammarly contacted me with a request to post this infographic about illiteracy around the world, and of course I was happy to do so (especially since, in return, they've said they will donate $10 to a literacy-promoting charity!).

Some of these stats are pretty staggering — illiteracy isn't something most people who are literate normally think much about, but it can make such a huge difference in terms of the limitations on access to services and opportunities for people who aren't literate.


Global Literacy Infographic

Since the infographic doesn't give the names of any specific literacy charities, I'd thought I'd just mention the 3 literacy charities Grammarly has said that I can choose from (for their $10 contribution):

Reading Is Fundamental
First Book
ProLiteracy

Feel free to check them out! I'm going to, so I can figure out which one I'd like them to donate to on my behalf :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails