February 19, 2016

A Call for Book Recs!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have been totally MIA on the blog lately! I started a new job about a month ago and it's been taking up all my time and energy. Hopefully once I get used to the pace of things I'll have a bit more time for blogging.

In the meantime, this post is actually related to my work... in that I need to find a book (or even better, a series) that a girl in Grade 5 who reads at about a Grade 2 level would enjoy. I'd like the interest level of the book to be for her age (e.g. the characters in the book are in Grade 4/5/6-ish) but the reading level should be no higher than Grade 3.

It's a bit of a tricky conundrum so I am turning to you, dear readers! ;P Any suggestions?



4 comments:

  1. I recommend "Junie B. Jones", The "Clementine" series, and "Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo". I also recently heard of a new series that sounds great for about that age, "Starring Jules". Good luck! Hope you find what you are looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the book recs! The Katie Kazoo series in particular sounds like a lot of fun :)

      Delete
  2. Growing up, I loved Junie B. Jones and Amelia Bedelia. I know Geronimo Stilton would probably work too.

    How are you liking your job, Danya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a kid, I loved Junie B. Jones & Amelia Bedelia too! I hadn't heard of the Geronimo Stilton books, I'll have to check them out.

      As for the new job, it's been very challenging and I'm certainly kept busy, but I'm learning a lot. I think it'll be a while before I really feel settled in and comfortable with my caseload, though. Thanks for asking! :)

      Delete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails